- Chelsea are now only 3 wins away from the title and could have it wrapped up by the end of the month, in a game where they only had 1 shot on target and still managed to come away with all 3 points it’s a only a matter of when and not if they go onto win the Premier League title.
2. Arsenal are playing as if the pressure is off and it is showing in this late run of form, how frustrating for their fans that if they didn’t have a mid season slump then they could really be snapping at Chelsea’s heels and have a real crack at the title.
3. Which leads us onto Manchester City, I suppose this is the nearest the club is going to get to a crisis (bar them actually finishing 5th) 6 defeats in the last 8 means the season has fallen apart at the most crucial times and the “noisy neighbours” are very quiet as of late.
4. Tottenham’s season may have fizzled out last week but it’s completely turned to dust after their defeat to Aston Villa on Saturday. The dip in form for Man City is probably even more frustrating as Spurs could have only been two points behind and they still have to play each other at White Hart Lane. Opportunity missed?, then again this is Spurs we are talking about.
5. A massive win for Leicester, although they are still at the bottom they have given themselves a lifeline and are still in with a shout of staying up, 3 points off the drop zone and a game in hand against Chelsea, stranger things have certainly happened
6. If Dick Advocaat was the toast of Wearside last Sunday then there was certainly a hangover at the Stadium Of Light on Saturday. A thumping 4-1 for Palace means although they are on the right side of the dotted relegation line for now, there is still a lot to fight for. Can Sunderland bounce back from this? They certainly have to and fast.
7. If Mario Ballotelli was as quick off the mark on the pitch as he was on Twitter he would have bagged at least double figures this season, where as in reality Chris Smalling has scored more goals than him.
8. Swansea City have won more points than Manchester City since they sold Wilfried Bony for £25m.
9. In the Championship there seems to be absolutely no let up in the race for the automatic spots, 2 points still separate the top 4 – I have a feeling this one is going right down to the wire
10. Barcelona slipped up away to Sevilla and that has let Real Madrid back in the title race with the gap now down to 2 points, how costly could Luis Enrique’s decision to sub off Neymar at 2-1 up be come the end of the season?
11. And Blackpool relegated over the Easter Bank Holiday tells you all you need to know about a club that has fallen very far from it’s Premier League Grace, only having 8 registered players before the start of the season was always going to be a gamble. This is one that has certainly not paid off.